Ministerial Leadership Refresher Training (MILERT)
|Ministerial Leadership Refresher Training (MILERT)|
Ministerial Leadership Refresher Training is basically a time and a forum for ministers (both in the rural and urban areas) to retreat from their labours; for a refilling and renewal of their visions, to rekindle their zeal and reappraise their call and its fulfilment thus far. It serves as a training period in the word of God and also provides opportunity to be acquainted with the move of God in our time among our brethren.
Specifically, this training has been designed to cater for ministers and all who have sensed the need for training in God's word for life & ministry, who due to the peculiar nature of their callings or location of ministries, cannot afford time off (at least at a stretch) for a formal Bible School training but wish to be fully exposed to God, His principles, and their practical application to ministry.
Admission is open to individuals or churches, Fellowships & Ministries wishing to sponsor their ministers/workers for a Bible based, Christ centered training.
MILERT runs a two year programme of six contact sessions, one session in four months. Each contact session will run for one and half weeks of 10 days including only one Sunday in between. Each session is fully residential.
Participation is purely by admission and registration. Application forms must be filled and processed at least six weeks before each contact session. Dates are normally advertised so that participants can plan their schedules to suit the programme. Ministers are encouraged to come with their wives where possible, but wives too must apply and be duely admitted before accompanying their husbands. Women can register independently for the programme. Wives of pastors and ministers that are already participating in the programme are considered for automatic admission if they apply.
REGISTRATION AND FEES:
The programme is essentially free as the LORD provides. Accommodation and feeding shall be free. Participants however are encouraged to give towards the running of the programme (both the contact sessions and the CLP - Christian Leadership Program) as the LORD enables them. Support for the MILERT programme comes as the Lord moves on men's heart to so give.
At present, there are two venues. One is located at our base in Gboko, Benue State and another in Ilorin, Kwara State.
There shall be no formal academic graduation, but each contact session shall end with a vigil for personal impartation and a special anointing service at the end of the year. Men who are in the course of time are being separated by the HOLY GHOST into some new fields of service, or called into full time ministry or into mission fields- by the witness of personal disciplers and other men in the ministry will be prayed for with the laying on of hands according to Acts 13:1-3, 1Tim.4:14, 2Tim.1:6-7.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- The applicant must be born again and living a life devoid of the practice of sin. He should be able to give true-life testimony of this experience.
- He should be a man of one wife and have a straight record of marriage.
- He should be a man of good report, within and without the church.
- Applicant should have a clear ministerial call.
- He should be a full time minister of God, a church official or a part time minister of God still holding a job or business. A part time minister will be admitted on the grounds that his job or business will not interrupt his training for any one session.
- Applicant must speak, read and write clearly the language used for instructions in the class.
Applicant must provide:
- Correct, eligible. Comprehensive information in the application Form.
- Two unimplicating confidential reports from referees of good standing in the faith.
- Where the applicant is not the founder of the ministry/fellowship he is currently working under, then his immediate boss should be one of his referees.
- A participant is free to withdrawal with a letter of withdrawal, to enable the office adjust records and fill up vacancies.